63004 - Renovation of MHA High Rise Dwelling Units at Jefferson Square and Venson Center
Prebid Date7/20/21 10:00am
Bid Date8/12/21 2:00pm
Company & Contacts
Allen and Hoshall
Taylor Coleman (901) 820-0820
Bids must be submitted to the MHA Capital Improvements Department, 700 Adams Avenue, Room 107, Memphis, TN 38105-5029, ATTN: Kelitia Dickson, by no later than 2:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on Thursday, August 12, 2021.
Two Pre-Bid Conferences will be held Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. CST and Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. CST at the Memphis Housing Authority, 700 Adams Avenue, Boardroom, Room 216. A site visit to each site will follow immediately after each pre-bid conference.
Although, neither the Pre-Bid Conference nor the site visit is a bidding requirement, all offerors are strongly encouraged to attend.
The sites will be available for examination by appointment until Monday, August 2, 2021. Please contact the assigned Project Manager, Kelitia M Dickson at (901) 544-1311 (office); (901) 337-2231 (cell); or via e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a site visit.
Questions regarding this Invitation to Bid should be directed in writing, by 4:00 P.M. Central Standard time on Monday, August 2, 2021, to Kelitia Dickson, Senior Project Manager, Memphis Housing Authority, 700 Adams Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee 38105.
Inquiries may be faxed to (901) 544-1312 to the attention of Kelitia Dickson, Senior Project Manager or emailed to email@example.com. Oral explanations or instructions will not be binding. Responses to inquiries will be made in the form of
written addenda to the Invitation to Bid.
Scope of Work:
The Project consists of the renovation of 8 high rise dwelling units at Venson Center and 5 high rise dwelling units at Jefferson Square. All 13 high rise dwelling units have been gutted due to the removal of asbestos containing materials. The renovation work includes but is not limited to:
1. Removal and replacement of metal framing
2. Installation of interior doors, door frames and hardware
3. Reinstallation of fire alarm devices and nurse call aids
4. Electrical repairs and upgrades
5. Installation of fire rated drywall assemblies
7. Flooring Installation
8. Refinishing cast iron tubs and/or sinks
9. Installation of plumbing fixtures in bathrooms and kitchens
10. Installation of bathroom accessories (including towel bar, soap dish, medicine cabinet, handicap grab bars, etc.)
11. Installation of new toilet
12. Installation of new exhaust fans in bathrooms
13. Installation of new LVT flooring
14. Replacement of all electrical socket and light switch covers
15. Installation of new LED lighting fixtures
16. Installation of new ceramic tile on the floors and walls in all bathrooms
17. Installation of new shower pan
18. Replacement of exterior doors and hardware as determined by the Owner
19. Installation of new kitchen cabinets (upper and lower) and countertops
20. Installation of new kitchen exhaust grille and vent hood
Hard copy full sets of plans and specifications are available for purchase at contractors expense, or files may be downloaded for free from our online plan room. To download files, you must register for a free account, if you already have an account, simply log in and select “Download” this entire job. Then proceed to the download queue on the left menu bar to receive your downloaded files. For questions about accessing the documents please contact Memphis Reprographics at 901-590-4862.